Born In Sin and Shaped In Iniquity

                                             Were we set-up to fail from birth?  

These are the words of the Holy Book which most of us having being here for most of our lives, and many has made the move, entering the church and taking their water baptism to get rid of the sin they were born in or born with. But, I, after carefully analyzing these words, I ask myself;
"How is it possible for one to be born in sin? To be shape in iniquity; that I do understand. Inferring from the text that I am molded in iniquity because of the culture and practices that I was raised around as a child.


Being raised in the Catholic Church from an infant, I have listen to it teaching which for me wasn't much, because I wasn't really thought the "Word" of the Bible, but mostly was thought to say a certain amount of prayers such as the Lord's Prayers, The Ail Mary, The Catechism, and using a set of beads call the Rosary to acquire these repetition of prayers.

It was only in my early forties after being led by some unknown force that I should take on the study of Theology and had followed through with that suggestion, that I had came to learn otherwise.

 There were some things taught in the Catholic Church that was not in the everyday Bible consisting of sixty-six books. A matter of fact, I also became aware that the Bible used by the Catholic church contained seventy-seven books... a difference of eleven additional books denied by the none Catholics of the world. And something that I wasn't taught as a child going to Sunday School in that denomination.
Anxious about this new found information, I called up the Catholic Church immediately, spoke with one of the Sister there, and asked her, if there was a Catholic Bible that was available for me to have because I was a member of the church and needed to get one in my possession.

After hitting me with the price, Sister informed me that she would let me have the Bible on the upcoming Thursday, because she had to drive to another parish to get one for me since those in that church were all already sold out, and I should bring the money with me when I was coming to pick it up. Excitingly, I told her thanks for getting me the Bible and promised her that I would be there Thursday morning around eleven o'clock to collect the Holy Book from her.

"I'll be looking forward to seeing you!" She responded, before hanging up the phone.
However, it was during my theology study that I learnt, that in Genesis 1:00, the verse refers to a fruit, and not an apple like the Catholic Church had thought us in Sunday School, and it was three wise men who brought gifts at the birth of Jesus and not three kings. And also learnt that David was only a king and not a prophet, even though, the Bible refers to him as a man of God's own heart.

I came to better understand the Psalms of David, pleading and begging for God's mercies and requesting His judgement and vengeance upon our enemies, kin folks. Now I was reading the Books of the New Testament where many Characters and the presences of Jesus's works are mostly shown or describe. And soon I began being a constant visitor to the Pentecostal and Baptist churches were the culture or ceremonial practices were completely different from what I grew up experiencing as a child and a teenager or even as a young adult.

This constant banging of music was new to my ears!
Church members constantly coming up behind and spreading their arms around your back as if they were catching some unseen forces from off your back!
Pastors springing off the alters like they are Olympians, just to hear what you are saying while you're being obedient to his announced words; requesting that you close your eyes and let him say a word of prayer for you! Which had badly startled me, after I had suddenly opened my eyes, only to find the pastor breathing down my neck while his podium cronies stood by and watch him up under my neck and touching my jewelry.

Right there and then, I concluded that this wasn't an holy man and this was their culture to do more harm than good, but would I flee to the hills like bird experiencing deforestation in the wild?
Not at all... I thought i had enough God inside of me who would help me help these people make a difference... a difference that would impact lives young and old, and near and far!

Soon, I then began suggesting that persons start bringing clothing to the church; clothing that they were no longer in need of, and these clothing could then be sent to Africa, Haiti, and Jamaica where many persons lived in poverty and were underprivileged. And that was only after running my idea by the pastor of the church, who then gave me a look of contempt before agreeing with my suggestion. And requested that I run my idea by the secretary of the church who would then place such information ... my idea on the church's announcement sheet which would be red in front of the congregation on Sunday mornings; so members could partake in this collecting of clothing.

Before you knew it, almost everyone who had heard the announcement was bringing their clothing to the church in piles, although, some of them were only good for the fire heap! And even I was constantly pricked to take out some of my best clothing and donated for the purposed suggested.

Nonetheless, over twenty barrels of clothing were finally collected and shipped off to Jamaica, Haiti and some part of West Africa where one of the church sister was from at the time.

Was I feeling good and excited about this humanitarian effort being accomplished?
You bit I did! 
But my excitement didn't last long after learning that the pastor's father i taken most of the better clothing items and used them to start his thrift shop business.
Another truth then hit me, after leaning that weed and coke were also passing hands for money; right there inside of the church. 
Being aware of these ungodly revelation, I came to realize that one can be molded and shaped with iniquity both inside or outside of the church.


`````NOW YOU CAN GET MY BOOK; "Heavenly  Waters" BASE ON SOME OF MY SAGA EXPERIENCES IN THE CHURCH!`````

Comments

Popular posts from this blog