Don't Take The Dogs If You Don't Want Them!   


Even though, it has often been said that dogs are man's best friend, I am sometimes very appalled by the way some people treat their dogs or the dogs around them - living in their community.
Some people, don't even want the dogs; they have gone high and low searching for. They only take these cute little creatures from wherever they have been dwelling only to bring them into an atmosphere where they will end up facing neglect, starvation and abuse.

One scenario that I am personally aware of; is this couple, living around the road from where I am living who took a dog from the grounds of the Catholic church ( I guess the wife had begged Father for it) brought the animal to her house only to threat it, as if, it is some terrible wild beast from the pits of hell who deserves the wroth of her hands. Every time that I would go for my walk, I would see this strange dog in the area trying to attach itself to me just like the two others that has been doing so for the past three years or more. So, I started investigating who this dog belongs to, and soon learned that it was from such and such a persons house; who I will not mention their names.

It was obvious to me and other, the poor dog was getting thinner and thinner... no more of Father's scraps to feed it and have it looking well nourished!


After travelling that route several evenings and seeing that this dog was going down to the bones - losing weight, I decided to be bold and went and knock on those persons gate. by this time, they had bought two different collars which they had placed around that dog neck; probably to show ownership of the animal, as if, it was properly cared for. But since the dog was constantly at my front gate seeking food, I knew otherwise. Introducing myself and making mention of the most recent neighborly contact we had had the past, I went straight to the point about how emaciated - scrawny, very thin the dog looked, and requested that they should give me some food to give to the dog since the dog was constantly in front of my premises and sometimes inside my yard seeking for food.

Right away, I was hit with a story about how the dog was mixing up with the other dogs in the community and didn't want to stay in the well manicured lawn and wooden kennel they had provided for it.
"This is like telling a child not to react after taking them into a candy store!" I said to myself.
Finally I spoke.

 "The dog is in a new environment and it is going to want to move about to get accustom to its surroundings; just like you and I being in a place for the very first time!"
My suggestion was taken with a scornful look and a contemptible glance that told me that I was being too nosy.

Nonetheless, I was there for the dog so I made my request known. "The dog is badly in need of food, so whatever food you have there for him, I will happy to take it and feed him with it because he his constantly at my gate and I do not have enough food to feed him and the two others who persistently linger at my feet wherever I am going!"

My request was taken with a pause before any action was made, indicating that my request would be made right then and there. The gentleman stood still and scratched his head for a while before uttering to me that he will soon be back as he walked towards his nicely painted and grilled house and entered it.
In my opinion, I thought he would entered the house and be back in a few minutes with a reasonable amount of food for the dog. But instead, that man had me waiting outside the front of his house to what seems like an eternity to me.

Was his delay intentional?

The night was getting darker and darker, and I was getting more and more frustrated as I stood in front of this man's house waiting for some dog food to feed his own dog!
 "This is ridiculous!" I said to myself. "Is he gone to build a plant to make the food for the dog?" I continued mumble.

Soon, I began walking away from in front of his gate after hearing the chattering between this man and his wife. I then stopped for a brief moment; looking behind me to see if he was coming with the dog food, but, there was no sign of him making his way to the gate; so I continued walking away from dimly lit road. But as I kept on waling, I continued to look behind me to see if he would make it out of his house with the dog food in his hand. Shockingly, it wasn't until I had reached to the end of the street and decided to make another glace to where I once stood that I saw the figure coming from out of the yard and gazing down to where I stood.

Recognizing that it was the man whom I was talking with about the food for the dog, I preceded to call out his name, and immediately, he answered. So I stood there and waited, until he came to the end of the street to hand me the bag of dog food.

I almost pissed my draws when I had seen the amount of dog food this man handed me for the dog... just a tiny amount wrapped inside a plastic bag; enough to be lost in the gravels on the streets if the bag should ever  fall to the ground and burst open!

"This is what I should use to feed the dog?" I asked angrily.
Once again, the dog owner began scratching his head as he tried coming up with a reasonable answer to give me. But before he could open his mouth and say a word to me, I began walking away from his presences with his dog and the two other strays trailing behind me.

Now, I was in a state of complete anger because I hadn't receive that amount of food I was expecting to receive for the dog and neither had I completed my exercise routine the way I was accustom to having it done. Nevertheless, I told myself,  I would have to do extra work... exercise; walking around the block numerous times the following day.

However, reaching home, I gave the dog the meagerly amount of food that its master had given me to feed it with, and the poor dog was so hungry that just as I was about to bend over and place the food on the concrete, the dog grabbed the plastic bag from my hands and swallowed the entire bag!

It is going into three years now and that dog who I called Brown-man has my house twenty-four-seven... well, almost twenty-four-seven; because, he will leave the yard whenever he wants to go and do his business!  But what is even more stranger than anything else, Brown-man would past his original master too and fro and without acknowledging each others' presences.
How is that for caring for our four legged friends?
Woff-Woff-Woff on you!!!

Checkout my videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiyrl1Ct3WFJKvZETgzg62w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog